Current reads

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Best of 2007

These were my favorite of the year, in no particular order.

All The Numbers by Judy Merrill Larsen
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Ride The Wind by Lucia St. Clair Robinson
These Is My Words by Nancy Turner
Blackbird by Jennifer Lauck
TallGrass by Sandra Dallas
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
Whistling in the Dark by Leslie Kagen
Lottery by Patricia Wood
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout

6 comments:

kimmy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I haven't read any of those books from your list, but I definitel jotted down a few. My favorite reads this past year were basically ALL of Jodi Picoult's books. My current read is The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd! I'm only on Chapter 2, but so far so good!

Kimmy
http://talesofablenderkimmy.blogspot.com/

Roxie said...

I saw you were a Picoult fan. I love all of her books (well, I haven't read The Songs of the Humpback Whale yet, but the rest I loved). Anyway, I meant to suggest Elizabeth Berg or Anna Quindlen to you.

meredith said...

Hi Roxie!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, too!
I also love Ann Patchett -- I saw her listed on your blog.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Where are you in Maine, and how old are your kiddos? My son Stephen is 18 months old, and we live in Boothbay.

Feel free to shoot me an email!

meredith.duke@gmail.com

ORION said...

Thanks Roxie, I'm honored!
Much aloha,
Patricia Wood

laura D said...

Hey Rox,
Feel like I know you through your sis Robin, she is my 10 year age difference twin separated at birth.....
You wern't kidding about reading a lot of books, have read some, but can't seem to find the time these days, but sure are many I am going to find the time too
Your sister robin's friend, Laura

Roxie said...

She must say ALL good things about me , right??? ;) lol
I will say, reading is my addiction. Everyone has one, so at least mine isn't too bad lol!!